Backlinks are incoming links to your website or web page. In the search engine optimization (SEO) world, the amount of backlinks is one indication from the popularity or need for that website or page (though other measures, like Pagerank, could be more important).Beyond SEO, the backlinks of any webpage might be of significant personal, cultural or semantic interest: they indicate who seems to be focusing on that page.
Backlinks enable you to keep an eye on other pages online that link to your site content. As an illustration, suppose Alice writes a blog entry that Bob finds interesting. Bob then would go to his blog and writes a post of his own about this, linking straight back to Alice’s original post. Now Alice’s post will automatically demonstrate that Bob has related to it, and will also offer a short snippet of his text as well as a connect to his post.
Simple reason, the greater number of the buy links, the greater number of the traffic. Suppose there is excellent quality website using a high pagerank.In the event the site provides a backlink to connect to your site, after that your site has more chances of receiving good traffic. You could have seen people leaving their blog address making use of their comment. It serves as a backlink.
Search engines like google often use the amount of backlinks that a blog or site has as the most important factors for determining its online search engine ranking. Thus backlinks also improve Pagerank.
Now you know what backlinks are. But how to get backlinks to your blog. It’s pretty easy but very less people adopt these measures
1. Join forums and groups on Yahoo and Google. Write articles, post queries and leave your blog site address there.
2. Write comments on blogs having high Pagerank and then leave your site address there.
3. Post high-quality articles on back11nks like Ariclecity, goarticles, etc by leaving your website address there.
4. Make certain your website has good content. If content is good then visitors should come back again.
5. Submit your blog to popular blog directories. Submit to only those that have a very high Pagerank.
6. Join social bookmarking sites. These internet sites bring a great deal of free traffic and moreover the traffic is send directly.
Follow these steps and your traffic will be more than double in 90 days. One important point-Pagerank is calculated on the amount of backlinks but be sure to have backlinks on sites that contain a Pagerank. When you have backlinks on sites of low Pagerank you then Pagerank will go down.